Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Do you produce content that would be of interest to our audience?

Have your original content pertaining to telemarketing, call centers, lead generation, and more, featured with The Telemarketing Forum! E-mail us!

Author Topic: HELP WITH GROUP HEALTH LEAD GEN SCRIPT!!!  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Troy Davis

• Keeper of the Fire
  • Thanks Recieved 0
HELP WITH GROUP HEALTH LEAD GEN SCRIPT!!!
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wassup everyone!!

I just started a lead gen business and I have several agents asking me for group health leads, however I cant figure out a good script and cant find one in the forum...  ???

If anyone has a good script they would like to share or can direct me to the thread that does I would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance,

Troy

Offline Phone Pro

• Thanks Recieved 320
      • Order Offline On Crack -The Great Telemarketing War Report
    Re: HELP WITH GROUP HEALTH LEAD GEN SCRIPT!!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • Copied and pasted this from my files for you Troy... Its an old pitch that Allstate gave me to use back when my room had a contract with them. A Good TM can do one per hour usually, and I wo0uldnt charge less than $50-$100 per appt for this.

Basically group health is putting them in front of companies with 10 or more employees. Usually its refferred to among customers as a "Benefits" or "Supplemental Benefits" package. So on the phone you can cut it down to just saying "group benefits" if you want.

You can tweak it. Couldnt attach word doc but here it is, hope it helps:

Hi, this is ____________ I am calling on behalf  Allstate.

Hope you're doing good today.

Briefly, the reason I'm calling is that we have some new supplemental benefit packages that we are introducing to local employers and I was wondering who I might speak with about having an agent come by and drop off some materials , or maybe show you what we have to offer?

(When employer gets on the phone...):

Hi, this is ____________ I am calling on behalf of Allstate.

Hope you're doing good today.

Briefly, the reason I'm calling is that we have a new supplemental benefit package, designed for employers like yourself that we are introducing to local businesses and I was wondering who I might speak with about having an agent come by sometime this week to meet with you for a a quick 15 minute presentation, and maybe leave you with some material to look over?

(If yes)

Ok great is there a particular day this week that you may have a few minutes to meet?

Whats a good time for you?

Great_____ , as I said it only takes 15 minutes, but hopefully in that time we can show you something your company can get excited about.

_________ before I go I'd like to ask you a few questions just to make sure the agent understands wich package could most benefit you before he comes out?

(Start Asking Criteria Questions: 1-19)

1. “Your name is _____________________”
    2. “What is your title there?” (Can’t be a secretary or receptionist.)
    3. “And your company name is ____________”
                4. “Your company is still located at: _________________________”
                5. “This is the headquarters for the company, correct? (Must be: “YES”)
                6. “You said you have about how many FULL-TIME W-2 employees?” (Must    be 10+)
                7. “And your company DOES offer major medical to the employees now, correct?”
                            (Can be either “YES” or “NO”)
    8. “Does your company offer any SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS to the employees?”
                 (IF YES) “Who is the carrier?”
    9.   (IF OTHER THAN ALLSTATE)“ “Have you been with that carrier for at least 6 months?
    (Must be: “YES”)
    10. (IF OTHER THAN ALLSTATE)“But you would be willing to take a few minutes to see if ALLSTATE
    could offer you a better value, correct?” (Must be: “YES”)
    11. “And you have not seen an ALLSTATE presentation in the past six months, correct?”
                (Must be: “YES”)
    12. “Being the [TITLE] there, you have a MAJOR INFLUENCE on which benefits could be offered to
    the employees, correct?”  (Must be: “YES”)
    13. “So, I’m putting you down as interested in sitting down with a rep from ALLSTATE for a 15-
    minute PRESENTATION, correct? (Must be: “YES”)
    14. “And that’s on [DAY OF THE WEEK], [MONTH], [DATE], at [TIME], correct?” (Must be: “YES”)
    15.  “Do you have that on your calendar?” (Must be: “YES”)
    16. “Would you like us to send you an email reminder before the appt?” (Can be “YES” or “NO.”)
                IF YES:  What is that email address?
                17. “To help the rep find your location, what is the nearest cross street?
                18. “For quality assurance, during this call was I polite and professional?” (Must be: “YES”).

Note: Think of secretaries as being one of the employees who recieve benefit from the benefit packages. If you can communicate that through your tone that they will benefit from letting us talk to their boss (more benefits). Its one of those things that your tone of voice says more than you actual words.

Also remember that you are NOT saying this big long pitch all day, because mostly you are just greeting people and 90% arent interested. Your goal is to actually pitch the pitch 20 times per day....and you will get 2-4 appointments.

So on your scratch paper dont worry as much aboput tallying your dials, talley how many pitches you have gotten through and make 20 the goal. Should be able to do that in a 4 -5 hour shift.

Good luck.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:56:04 PM by Phone Pro »
    "The career I have chosen is laiden with opportunity, yet it is also fraught with heartbreak and dispair. The bodies of those who have come before me and failed, were they piled atop on another would cast its shadow down up all the pyramids of the earth...BUT I WILL NOT FAIL AS THE OTHERS...."
    -Og

Offline Troy Davis

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Copied and Pasted to notepad  ;D.....John I can't thank you enough for that script...I will be using this immediately

Offline Phone Pro

• Thanks Recieved 320
    « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:59:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • When clients come around... Hong Kong Fuey is on the scene. Glad to be of service.  :)
    "The career I have chosen is laiden with opportunity, yet it is also fraught with heartbreak and dispair. The bodies of those who have come before me and failed, were they piled atop on another would cast its shadow down up all the pyramids of the earth...BUT I WILL NOT FAIL AS THE OTHERS...."
    -Og

Offline Debml

• Gold Member
    • Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 2
    « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • The script provided is a good starting point. 

When calling for group health, small group is 50 or fewer employees in most states.  Small group is a lot easier the premium isn't experienced rated, meaning that the carrier will not ask for the past 3 years claims history.

I know this is subtle, but often, the person on the phone will assume that you are calling about a voluntary program, like AFLAC, if you use the word "supplemental" and likely will lower the number of appointments you secure.

You may want to ask your client if they want a census prior to the meeting.  A census is a list of the employees participating in the plan with their age, gender, home zip code and dependent information.  It's required to quote the group.  Some agents will want this before the first meeting, others will obtain it at the first meeting.

Hope this helps!

Offline sandalwood

• WSO Gold Member
    • Advanced Member
    • Thanks Recieved 12
    « Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • Copied and Pasted to notepad  ;D.....John I can't thank you enough for that script...I will be using this immediately

I realize I'm a few days behind the above post but since I am in the business let me advise to please ask the agent(s) what is it they are looking for. Is it really supplemental insurance? If so, oh well, good luck. If it is group health insurance, you are in better shape. You really should know the size of the groups they want you to call. This helps them. As for the census, if you can have that ready for them it makes the appt go faster and the agent looks more professional instead of like a salesman. Just my opinion having sold the cr*p before.
    All the information you want to become a text message advertising entrepreneur simply by sending me a PM.

Offline Phone Pro

• Thanks Recieved 320
    « Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • The script provided is a good starting point. 

When calling for group health, small group is 50 or fewer employees in most states.  Small group is a lot easier the premium isn't experienced rated, meaning that the carrier will not ask for the past 3 years claims history.

I know this is subtle, but often, the person on the phone will assume that you are calling about a voluntary program, like AFLAC, if you use the word "supplemental" and likely will lower the number of appointments you secure.

You may want to ask your client if they want a census prior to the meeting.  A census is a list of the employees participating in the plan with their age, gender, home zip code and dependent information.  It's required to quote the group.  Some agents will want this before the first meeting, others will obtain it at the first meeting.

Hope this helps!

Smokin Contribution here. Thanks!
    -Og