Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Do you produce content that would be of interest to our audience?

Have your original content pertaining to telemarketing, call centers, lead generation, and more, featured with The Telemarketing Forum! E-mail us!

Author Topic: Recruiting Telemarketers - Where to find them  (Read 2383 times)

Offline balexander26

• Keeper of the Fire
  • Thanks Recieved 0
Recruiting Telemarketers - Where to find them
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have just begun my recruiting process to get telemarketers to make cold calls selling my services, I offer a very generous commission but I'm having trouble finding places to post these job ads. 

So far I have tried CL, ebay classifieds, and various other job posting sites without much luck.  I am trying to avoid the big costs of Monster and Careerbuilder for right now until I have some capital to afford it.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Offline Nick1

• Advanced Member
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    Re: Recruiting Telemarketers - Where to find them
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:31:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • Have you tried local newspapers? They're usually cheap,and most people still use them.

Offline balexander26

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have not tried them yet.  I currently have enough telemarketers from my own city and now I am trying to branch out into other areas.  You think checking with online newspaper sites from other cities is a good idea or do you think that actually having the ads printed in the paper would be better?

Offline Dan Allard

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
      • 100 Marketing Ideas
    « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hey balexander26,

I'd be interested in calling for you for a few days, still trying to set up the details of my business and it would be nice to make a few sales before Christmas. Send me an email at Dan@FDLMarketing.com if you have something ready to go.
    My personal number (920) 266-9716

Offline balexander26

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:34:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey balexander26,

I'd be interested in calling for you for a few days, still trying to set up the details of my business and it would be nice to make a few sales before Christmas. Send me an email at Dan@FDLMarketing.com if you have something ready to go.

Email sent.  Thanks!

If anyone else also has interest in making calls, please let me know.

Offline eramoke

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:16:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Appointment setting has always maintain the trust of the people by recruiting the telemarketers. They always make sure that the person that appoint is not manipulative and solution-focused.
     *Link Removed*

Offline kaniganj

• Thanks Recieved 63
    • Selling From Vancouver to Cape Fear...
      • Sales On Fire
    « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:46:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • What do your Craigslist ads look like?

Are you certain they're not getting ghosted?

"Appointment Setter" roles seem to stick pretty well. You may have to adjust your description to meet CL standards, and then explain in detail what the role is about when you get the candidate on the phone.

Be really cautious, and only hire those people who impress you in your phone conversation--regardless of what their resume says. And hire people with demonstrable experience. No stay-at-home moms or college kids. Waste of time. They give up after 2 hours.

Offline jmerc

• Gold Member
    • Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have had some success on odesk dot com.  You might give it a try.

Offline MichelleR

• Advanced Member
    • Thanks Recieved 8
    « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • On the other hand I haven't had the best experience with O'desk.  I hired 4 people last month and had to fire 3 because they never started work lol...The one guy who did the work did not do it correctly even though he claimed to be professional...eyeieye lol...test and track my friend

Offline littlepond

• Keeper of the Fire
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • Odesk.com looks a lot like Guru.com  I've tried Craig's list and guru.com but the problem seems to be that skilled telemarketers are not there looking for an opportunity.  I can hire telemarketers that can dial a phone and read a script but doing B2B telemarketing requires experience and talent to get past the receptionist and to the decision maker as opposed to being dumped into voicemail.

I'm selling a service that solves a requirement that's mandated by the government and have a large list of qualified leads that are not in compliance yet.  It sells for $495 and I will pay $250 in commission.  Based upon that, I think this requires and justifies a true sales professional who will monetize this opportunity to the max for him/herself as well as for us.  I just don't know where to find them.  This forum might want to consider a thread where people could post their jobs or their resume to help make a connection.  Obviously people who visit here are serious about telemarketing.

Would it be ok to post my company's website here for any interested parties?  I don't want to violate any TOS and get kicked.

Offline esculent

• Newbie1
    • Thanks Recieved 0
    « Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • No luck from odesk too. A girl claiming she had 5 years experience never started the work. I agree it's a total waste of time.

Offline David Stewart

• Thanks Recieved 23
    « Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • Would it be ok to post my company's website here for any interested parties? 

Hi littlepond,

Feel free and post your requirements in the classified section on this forum.  There you can link to your website and give opportunity seekers a better idea of what you have to offer.

Good luck!
    Need Service Fulfillment For Your Offline Clients? **Contact Me Right Now** Professional Small Business Website Packages

“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”

— T.S. Elliot

Offline David Stewart

• Thanks Recieved 23
    « Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • No luck from odesk too. A girl claiming she had 5 years experience never started the work. I agree it's a total waste of time.

You have to keep trying. Don't give up after a few people flake out on you.  Work the numbers just like the sales game. I've been working with a lady that I found on odesk for just over a year now and she's a champ in my book. I'll never let her go! It took me well over 40 or so applicants to narrow it down to just her.

Craigslist can work too. You have to stay consistent and run your ads several times a day every day. Be very specific in what your requirements are and you will get qualified applicants. For instance, the past several months I've been hiring for local sales reps. I'm getting around 200 applicants per month but only 2% end up as qualified team members. It's a numbers game. Hang in there and keep at it and you'll get people on board.
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:01:41 PM by David Stewart »
    Need Service Fulfillment For Your Offline Clients? **Contact Me Right Now** Professional Small Business Website Packages

“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”

— T.S. Elliot